GREAT Grant (2021-2022)
NCDIT’s Broadband Infrastructure Office provides grant funding to private providers of broadband services to facilitate the deployment of broadband service to areas of the state unserved with broadband through the Growing Rural Economic with Access to Technology (GREAT) Grant program. The current funding round may award up to $350 million in federal American Rescue Plan Act funding.
- 1/31/2022: Applications Opened
- 2/10/2022: Initial Information Session for Interested Applicants
- 2/14/2022: Initial Information Session for Interested Applicants - View the Slides
- 5/4/2022: Application Deadline
- 9/1/2022: Information Session for Counties - View the Slides
- 9/13/22: Information Session for Applicants - View the Slides
Applicant Information Session Recording (9/13/2022)
Initial Information Session Recording (2/14/2022)
2021-2022 GREAT Grant Guidance
Please review the GREAT Grant program guidelines below prior to submitting an application for the 2021-2022 round of federally funded GREAT Grants.
2021-2022 GREAT Grant FAQs
To ensure you’re familiar with the nuances of the GREAT Grant requirements, we have created a set of living FAQs to complement the GREAT Grant guidance document. The FAQs will be updated as we receive additional questions throughout the application window.
- Get the 2021-2022 GREAT Grant FAQs (Updated June 15, 2022)
GREAT Grant Online Mapping Tool & Help Document
Applicants must utilize the GREAT Grant Online Mapping Tool and Help Document located within the NC OneMap's broadband resources to view data on eligible areas and for submission of location points. The Help Document, which can also be accessed in within the map, includes a list of updates to the mapping data.
Please follow the steps below to start your application. Click here to download the application instructions with screenshots.
- If you have not already, *register for an NCID.
- Complete an *EBS registration form.
- Register for a *D-U-N-S.
- Register for *System Award Management ID.
- Return to this GREAT Grant webpage, click “Start Your Application.”
*Required for the application.
Please send any questions or comments about the Great Grant 2021-2022 application round to firstname.lastname@example.org.