FIRSTTECHFirst Responder Emerging Technologies
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The FirstTech (First Responder Emerging Technologies) program of the NC Department of Information Technology focuses on the impact to the first responder disciplines because of coming hardware and software changes, especially with regard to the Nationwide Public Safety Broadband Network (NPSBN), also known as the FirstNet Network.
First responders serving first responders!
The Broadband Infrastructure Office’s FirstTech program can collaborate directly with subject matter experts in fields such as networking, hardware, software, applications, and operating systems to identify challenges and risks that new technologies might pose such as cybersecurity issues, connectivity needs, interoperability within existing systems and emerging systems. The program will also identify other topics that can challenge or threaten an effective implementation of a new technology.
The FirstTech team helps departments by helping with:
- Technology research for projects such as school safety, emergency alerting and video analytics
- Collaborating with subject-matter experts to identify challenges and risks that new technologies might pose
- Addressing cybersecurity issues, connectivity needs, interoperability with existing systems and emerging systems and other challenging or threatening topics
- Collaboration across state agencies and departments
- Providing adjunct technology exploration support
CONNECT WITH OUR FIRSTTECH PROGRAM
We’ll do all we can to help your agency reach its goals.
GET IN TOUCH
Broadband Infrastructure Office
301 N. Wilmington St., Raleigh, NC 27601